Friday, January 28, 2011

Le Metier de Beaute Lip Cremes +

As you can see, I photographed a lot of the Le Metier de Beaute counter here and over here. I had the hardest time taking photos of the lipcremes due to the flash (the reflectiveness of the tubes). When I took the pictures without flash, the colors were not accurate, due to the lighting at Bergdorf Goodman. But it never hurts to practice with the camera a bazillion times in my bedroom to photograph what I personally have. I'll have a second stab at the lipcremes when I go to Bergdorf Goodman in the near future.

These lip cremes are one of the standouts of Le Metier de Beaute. I adore them because they're comfortable on your lips, not sticky, and the iridescence is just awesome. They're $36 for .22 fl oz. Once you've tried one of these, you'll never go back to any other brand for lipglosses. It's one of the products you have to try for yourself, and believe me, I've tried MANY. The shades are meant to be mixed  with other colors.

And here we go: 


from left to right:

Creme de la Creme
Toffee 
Vanilla Rose
Sweet Creme
Framboise









from left to right:

Creme de la Creme
Toffee
Vanilla Rose
Sweet Creme
Framboise





Creme de la Creme: nice nude shade with pretty multi dimensional sparkles. I like using this over a dark shade to lighten it up. I personally cannot wear this one alone due to the color and the texture on top of bare lips, it looks a little odd. I didn't care for it at first, but it's won me over with time. It's not sticky, it has an awesome duration on my lips. I've worn this on top of Framboise and it's soooo pretty. 

Toffee: Gorgeous warm bronze/peach shade. I want to wear this alone during the summer, but I love it when it's mixed with Framboise.  

Vanilla Rose: A nice light pink with pink/red sparkles. I can wear this over a nude lipliner, but not straight on the lips, since they're really pigmented. I love pairing this with Giorgio Armani 103 lipstick, or Framboise. mmmm

Sweet Creme: The consistency is similar (but not quite) to a MAC plushglass, but the texture is a lot nicer, no funky gunk that collects on your lip over time (MAC plushglasses has this effect on my lips). I can wear this one alone and it's my personal favorite because it lightens my natural lipcolor. This is my HG lipcreme, if I had to pick one.

Framboise: Need I say more? This consistency is almost like a liquid lipstick, but it's definitely a gloss.  It's true framboise color with red and other pretty sparkles. You can see a more detailed review on Temptalia and how it looks on her. It seems she loves it a lot, since she reviewed it twice.

I  wish they had more colors, but at the same time, too many choices can be overwhelming. Be aware that they are fragranced, but I can't think off the top of my head what the smell reminds me of. It's a vanilla like smell, and it's not a strong scent either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment