Thursday, September 13, 2012

a quick intermission ...

I noticed that I've been getting some new viewers/readers/followers, some from youtubers (debbick1, camiloveskiwisethakins7, makeupneversleeps) mentioning me, while other readers finding me from other avenues, like seeing my name from another blog roll/feed. I just wanted to say hi :) 

Thank you taking the time to read my blog. This is my special place where I can write about all the pretty things that I enjoy makeup wise.

some random facts about me: 

i am left handed and get laughed at when i sit on the school kids desks (right handed ones). 

I have it BAD for fruit cups.  I didn't realize this until I was at a friends house, I ate over 40 cups in a couple of hours. I can't believe I (alone) emptied out the economy size from like Costco.
image courtesy of: playtimeeducationaltoys.com

What's even more amusing is that I'm sure people think when I go and shop for luxury makeup featured here, that I'm well dressed. I have no sense of fashion and as a matter of fact, I go makeup shopping in pjamas half the time. I'm lucky that people are nice to me with hair all messed up, almost all the time I don't have makeup on (when i'm makeup shopping so i can test stuff against my face), and people are still cool and treat me nicely. 

I'm a serious insomniac. 

:) 

any questions or feedback, please feel free to let me know by commenting on here or dropping me an email at: the.panties@gmail :)

In a few days it will be my 2 year blog anniversary. I just wanted to say thank you for reading and being so supportive. I'm lucky to still have my very first readers comment (I would have thought they would have gotten bored of this place by now), and being able to speak to the most amazing people in general.

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one that will do a full face of makeup and walk out the door in a tshirt and a bun =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats how i roll. i probably get looks from random people in terms of my attire, but i never notice. LOL.

      i'd like to think i'm a nice customer too. i wait until the SA/MA is done with other customers. i just sit down and eat a snack and wait until the transaction is over. lol.

      Delete
  2. <3 I loved this post, though I totally don't get the fruit cups thing at all! Glad you're getting more readers - all very deserved as your blog is my go-to for high-end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for being such a sweet and supportive person cami :) <3 maybe one day i'll be cool like you and having more readers for more ideas/opinions, although i kinda like being a small blog too. :)

      let me know if there's stuff you'd like me to review. i need to review more blush for your pleasure :D

      Delete
    2. i can't explain my love for fruit cups. the magical day when i arrive in the UK, have some fruit cups ready for me LOL !

      Delete
  3. Hello!!! I'm a new subbie, loving it so far, keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! feel free to read older posts. i hope the information is helpful :)

      Delete
  4. You got a Happy new follower here doll. Im loving your posts and looking forward to reading more:)

    Sara xx fellow insomniac
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xoxox i hope you'll enjoy what i have to say. please feel free to read older posts. :)

      Delete
  5. Great blog, fabulous reviews, incredible good taste, what's not to love??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's not to love?!?! I've learned about so many brands that I wouldn't have otherwise. Your blog is a wealth of information & swatches.
    Happy 2nd Blogiversary! I look forward to continuing to read your blog! One of the things I like abt your blog is that reading it feels more like having a chat over a cup of coffee with a girlfriend than reading a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I LOVE your blog and your taste in beauty! I've found so many wonderful products based on your recommendations/reviews! And your MAs... *sigh* perfection ;) And the best part is that you're so generous with all this knowledge (product and contacts), so sweet! We need to catch up soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow 40 fruit cups!! that is a lot! haha. I like those mandarin orange ones :)
    Congrats on almost 2 years!! I'm a new subscriber as well. And I am definitely a go to the makeup counter in no makeup type of gal! it makes me sad that other people have bad experiences that way :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. So subscribing to this blog, as I have regularly cleared out my local Sainsbury's of Del Monte pineapple fruit cups.

    ReplyDelete