Saturday, August 13, 2011

Le Metier de Beaute Empress Lip Kaleidoscope +


So as I am finally on one of my few days off...I get to present to you the Le Metier de Beaute Fall 2011 lip kaleidoscope. There wasn't much info out there, but as I got to see it, I took pictures :)

Colors: The top shade is Imperial Silk which a super soft pale warm pink. Then we have my favorite shade (surprise, surprise) is  Silk Road, which is an opaque vibrant red (finally, a pretty red for fall). Then we have Empress, which is a soft a delicate mauve mixed with some champagne. It's a soft delicate color on it's own and I actually like it by itself...oddly enough. Then we have Plum Satin, which is a deep cool plum. The shades mixed together is this beautiful rosy plum. It's sooooooooooo pretty. PRETTY. Even 3 random people on the street complimented on my lip color.

Texture/formula: So this is definitely more in line with the standard Lip Kaleidoscope, very full on pigmented shades of color. I'm sure there are people that are wondering how it compares to Écumes D'or: Écumes D'or shades were a lot softer in color, and the texture is definitely more jelly like in formula. This kaleidoscope is more like their previous ones such as Red Rapture. I like the formula because you can smack your lips together and it's not a dry formula that accentuates lip lines or makes your lips dry. The best I can compare this to are NARS lip lacquers, but even then they're not that similar.

Longevity: They adhere to the lips so well that I managed to get about 5 hours of wear, but uhm...let's just say it was removed from someone else (hee hee hee), so I couldn't get to find out if it lasted longer.

This item is definitely my winner from the fall collection :) <3 it's so delicious. 

ONTO THE PHOTOS !!









The shades mixed together, assuming all equal parts of the 4 shades. :) The color is a teeeeeny more rosy in real ife. The color is dead on accurate on my lips (of course a touch more rosy).



11 comments:

  1. I hadn't thought I wanted this until I saw your post! All three of my lip kaleidoscopes are very light, sheer colours so for me it is quite a surprise to see such an intense one. The colours are perfect for Fall x

    ReplyDelete
  2. their most intense one that i adore (and still kicking myself for not getting) is their red rapture.

    this one isn't too bold, nor is it a light/sheer one. i know if i were to buy this one, i'd use up the red shade the fastest LOL. it's lovely for a daytime or night look, which makes it so versatile to use.

    i'm glad u like the lip kaleidoscope :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why, but I can't bring myself to buy one of these - they seem awfully expensive for what they are to me. I have no problems with the eye kaleidoscopes though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm the opposite. i don't mind spending the $ on a lip product, but i struggle justifying spending money on eyeshadows. i really like this one, as it is a nice surprise because i thought it would be lackluster (just an assumption i had).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel exactly the same as Grace. I just can't justify the lip kaleidoscopes, although I don't have the same issue with the eye ones! It's not logical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have the opposite problem :x it's ok, we don't have to be logical.

    ppl think i'm crazy for normally spending $45 on a lipgloss, let alone a lip kaleidoscope LOL

    *shakes head*

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very pretty! :D Makes me want lipgloss in pot form... :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love the colors mixed together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn you! I've always avoided interest in the Lip Kaleidoscopes even though I own 7 eye ones but man that looks INCREDIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @panties I have some red rapture left! So
    If you are still looking for it just send me a text 702.722.7400
    Alyx
    I work for Le métier in Vegas
    I have some other hidden gems as well!!!

    ReplyDelete