Saturday, August 27, 2011

Shu Uemura Tokyo Charm palette (eye quad palette #1) +

So as we all know that Shu has new eyeshadows, but over in the far land in Asia, there are premade palettes that consist of the new eyeshadow colors (no LE shades). The theme being different makeup looks from different cities in the world. I saw the different palettes and I was so smitten with the Tokyo Charm one. So I asked a lovely lady in Asia to buy one for me....


courtesy of http://www.makeupstash.com
Colors: 

G bronze: This shade is the hardest one to work with, just for the simple reason is that it's pure glitter. You may have to wet it a bit for it to apply properly. Granted the color is beautiful, but you definitely need the right brush and a good eyeshadow primer. How I've been using it is with the NARS primer, then patting it on, brushing off the excess glitter, and reapply. If you apply it heavily and brushing off the excess it's a pretty shimmery shade. Definitely a bit annoying to use, but whatever. The major downside is that this shade isn't sold in the USA.

M895: I love this one because it's a dark matte. It's a dark slightly warm brown. I know the color sounds boring, but it's such a versatile shade. If you use a tiny bit and blend...it's a glorious crease color...add a bit more and it's an outer "v" (corner) eyeshadow shade. With all Shu mattes, easy to apply and relatively easy to blend.

P140: This pink shade is an interesting addition...it's a soft, cool, opalescent pink. I've used the eyeshadow as a cheek shade moreso than an eyeshadow. For the eyes, I'd use it in the inner corner of the eye...it's so soft and the pearl sheen is what makes it so special. I'm not one for pinks in general on my eyes, but I've worn this one a couple of times on my eyes. 

ME825: This is my favorite one out of the batch. My personal favorite finish of all the Shu eyeshadows are the ME (metallic) finish. They're what MAC veluxe pearl eyeshadows wish they were. They're soft, buttery, and just full of awesome. This is a nice golden beige that just makes for a soft eye look. aaaaahhh I just can't stop touching this color.

Onto the photos :D

left to right:

G bronze

M895

P140

ME825


G bronze was applied with 2 quick layers with no primer, so you can see what I mean.


with flash
  



without flash










Overall thoughts: I like all of the colors, but the annoying one out of the batch is G bronze. Overall a win, but yea...I wish Shu would change the formulation of G colors (assuming all of them are similar to G bronze). You can't go wrong with neutrals.

P.S. to all of my east coast people: stay safe and please stay indoors. It's raining pretty hard already and hurricane Irene isn't really here yet. 

2 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty! I wish Shu would bring these things to the US site..

    ReplyDelete
  2. P140 is so pretty! I wish the colors had better names though...

    ReplyDelete