I got asked by My Beauty Sample to answer the following questions since I won a Liebster Award...They were actually interesting questions, so here they are:
1. What was the hardest thing about starting a blog for you?
I seriously had a bit of a phobia of even writing about brands like Suqqu, By Terry, etc. I didn't think people would want to read those posts. I thought most people wanted to read more about easier access makeup lines (like NARS, MAC, Estee Lauder). That and if people actually wanted to read about items I personally buy and wear. I've been asked if I get press samples, and no I don't (with the exception of two items, which I state in their respective posts). I do write about collections, but my blog is more about makeup items I actually use.
2. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
The thinking I do as I'm writing. I replay in my brain the interaction I had at the counter, first thoughts of the product when I swatched it. stuff like that.
3. Name one fashion or beauty trend that you have been loving lately
4. If you had to choose just one brand to shop from for the rest of your life, which would you pick and why?
By Terry. The biggest thing for me when it comes to loving a makeup line is their skin products (foundation, concealer) and lipsticks. It's rare that a makeup line excels at both since they're completely different items. By Terry makes my favorite lipstick formula (so does Armani too...don't get me wrong lol). Terry's concealer and foundations are so amazing. mmmmm *in a happy place*
5. If money weren’t an object, what beauty product would you purchase right now?
Going to France and getting a custom blend By Terry foundation. I think it's $1800 (not sure if it's Euros or USD). Either way it's not cheap.
6. What is your number 1, can’t-live-without product? Why?
By Terry Touch Expert Advanced concealer. It hides parts of my skin that I want to hide. That or a red lipstick.
7. Which makeup/beauty products do you compulsively buy? (aka: what is your beauty drug-of-choice?)
Lip products. Lipstick, lipgloss, lipliner.
8. What’s the most expensive product in your beauty arsenal?
I think it's my Suqqu face brush.
9. How would you describe your beauty style? (i.e casual, subtle, bold, wild, etc.)
A look with purpose. I appreciate a subtle look, but I tend to go for something more bold, like a bold lip and a semi bold eye. I've been told by several makeup artists that I can rock both bold eyes and lips pretty well, which helped me embrace the look even more.
10. Do you see yourself still blogging 5 years from now? How about 10?
I have no idea.
i'm not one to think of 11 questions to ask fellow bloggers, but if any of you want to answer the following questions, feel free to comment. or if you have questions for me, feel free to ask in the comments section :)