Friday, January 14, 2011

Bioderma Crealine H2O

So I just finished using my regular makeup remover: Trilogy Cream Cleanser. I like the idea of a cream cleanser because it's not as drying on your skin, but overall this particular cream cleanser slightly burned my skin. Why? I know I'm just overall sensitive to most skincare that has a lot of fruit ingredients. I'll review this at a later date, but it is great if you aren't sensitive to those kinds of ingredients.

So I've seen in various places about this particular cleanser/makeup remover and how awesome it is. I went to a boutique pharmacy in Chelsea, NYC called New London Pharmacy and purchased the larger bottle. This location also sells other French brands Embryolisse, Nuxe, among other niche skincare brands.

The formula: definitely the consistency of water. No smell, or at least none that I can detect.

How to use: apply some on a cotton ball and just glide across sections of your face. It's not emulsifying, nor does it leave your skin feeling tight or dry. It's literally the same feeling as if you have water in that cotton ball. Simple enough. There's really no need to clean your face with a separate cleanser, at least for me. My skin really feels clean with  just this product alone.

What makes this item so great? You can remove heavy duty makeup, including waterproof stuff with 1-2 swipes. Most makeup removers require the extra step of washing your face afterwards. I'm a person who is always on the go and saving myself an extra step is a big plus. Another thing is that my face doesn't turn red with this product. Nor does this make my eyes sting/burn woo woo woo !! :) It's truly a magical product. This stuff removes just overall gunk on your face. I want to use this as my new overall skin cleanser/toner. I truly <3 this item.

When I purchased this item, the checkout clerk asked me: Are you a makeup artist? I replied "no, but why do you ask"? He basically stated that not many people know about the product and the few people that do purchase it are makeup artists.

Downside: limited supply in this location. I think it's the only place in NYC that sells it, and they sell out very quickly. I'm lucky I grabbed a bottle because it will last me a while. Overall this item is hard to find since it's from France.

Price: $48 at New London Pharmacy for 500 mL. I know it's sold a bit less elsewhere, but at least I know this now, plus there's nothing better than instant gratification :). I'm not one to order items online because I'm never home to pick it up.

Ingredients: water (aqua), peg-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, mannitol, xylitol, rhamnose, fructooligosaccharides, propylene glycol, disodium edta, cetrimonium bromide.

What I've tried in the past for reference:

Shu Uemura cleansing oil: green, pink and white.
Ponds Cold cream: This is a good method if you have super dry skin, but it's a bit time consuming because you're removing cream off your face.
Lancome Bi-facil: which was my HG mu remover for a while, but again I have to wash my face after. 
YSL makeup remover: overpriced and it I just wasn't that impressed.
Trilogy cream cleanser: love this if I wasn't allergic to either the carrot or grapefruit extract. It really leaves your face clean.
MAC makeup wipes: burned my eyelids and made them raw. Talk about a serious chemical burn.

all of these are great, but Bioderma has taken center stage, front and center. <3

9 comments:

  1. what didn't you like about the shu oil? just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shu oil is ok, but ad I stated above, there's the extra step of washing your face. A bit of a downer is that if I used it really often, I would get small breakouts. My sister uses the Shu oil and loves it. I have really combo/sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked this so much - I've been using it awhile and absolutely love it. Really gets the skin clean without any irritation. Another great one (though much pricier), is The Organic Pharmacy's Carrot Butter Cleanser - such a treat, so soothing and gets rid of every last bit of gunk! Thanks so much for stopping by NLP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you find me NLP? LOL

    I'm wary on cleansers that have fruit ingredients, especially carrots since it burns my skin (I stated that I have used Triology cream cleanser, which also has carrots in it).

    and thank you for allowing me to shop at your location, I will be stopping by again in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thanks so so much for the tip about New London Pharmacy!!! I have been obsessed with Embryolisse and Bioderma for some time now and have been getting them from Beautyhabit.com... but great it know it's available in NYC! Boutique pharmacy-- just the sound of that has me excited, will definitely be visiting soon. Have you tried Embryolisse? The 24-hour miracle cream absolutely changed my life because I have super dry/parched skin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use embryolisse lait-creme concentre (24 hr miracle cream) as my moisturizer + primer during the winter. It's a great moisturizer even for combination skin (such as myself). It's sold at the MUFE store i think, as well as Ricky's NYC beauty store.

    the advantage of NLP is that they sell a LOT of niche brands like nuxe, bioderma, embryolisse, and makeup like Kevyn Aucoin and Becca. NLP has great customer service. I just wish they would call me when they get more bioderma... ;'(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just stumbled onto your blog and like it very much. I've been using the same Trilogy products (Replenishing Night Cream, Hydrating Mist, Cleansing Cream, and Rosehip Oil), and I thought it might be helpful to point out, in case you need to avoid it in the future, that it is likely the frankincense that makes your skin tingle. My skin has the same reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting. thank you for the fyi ;)

    also thank you for reading my blog too :D their gentle cream cleanser makes my skin itch and burn, but i think it's from the carrot. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stumbled upon your blog looking for bioderma reviews. I saw it for sale in a supermarket in the canal street chinatown of all places (for much cheaper)!

    ReplyDelete