Friday, January 14, 2011

a bit about "The Black Panties" herself.

a bit about me:

I'm 27 years old. College graduate with a degree. I'm not currently pursuing a masters, but maybe sometime in the near future, but it's unlikely. I am currently employed. 

In terms of physical description: I'm around 5'3, skintone as I've stated is MAC NC25/30, Giorgio Armani Luminous in 5, By Terry in Beige Naturel, Chantecaille Future Skin in Nude. I have combination skin, but it is really, really sensitive. I'm sure most you have seen my face at one point or another, but for this blog, I'd like to remain faceless. Why be faceless...well, there's so much negativity in this internet world, that I'd rather not subject myself to it. Although a lot of people say I look like my mom.

Ethnicity: Latin-American, Spanish, Hispanic whatever you call it...yes, I know there's a difference between all three, but we'll leave it at that. I was born in the United States, but I have lived in Latin-America and in Spain. Most people see me, they don't think I speak Spanish. 

Significant other?: No, I've been single for quite some time. I guess I am a self-sufficient person. LOL. I do have great friends who keep me company.

What do I look for in a guy: this question is so ridiculous in of itself, but what I can tell you is the guys that I like/have liked/dated all have in common: tall (6 feet and taller), really smart. I can't be bothered with dumb people, I just don't have the time or patience for it. Also, I have only dated guys who aren't jealous and don't have self-esteem issues. I do love me European and Arab men. *shudder*

What makes an item HG? I mean aside from it looking awesome on me, the formula and longevity of the item on my face. A big factor for me is how easy it is to apply, use...etc. I'm one who doesn't like to do extra steps. My life is always a mad dash...and anything that saves me time, is a big factor in what makes something HG, believe it or not. 

Where did the name "panties" originate?: It has been an old nickname of mine, and there are a couple of reasons as to how it came into existence: in college, I was that person who would run around the dormitory in her panties at 2 am. Think Cameron Diaz in "Charlies Angels".  The other story is that two acquaintances just named me panties. Nothing sexual, I swear :). One of those guys I speak to like, once every 3 years or so. Panties is definitely a name I never really hear anymore, but I still embrace my nickname.

Why did I start a blog?: There are so many out there already, I really wasn't into the idea of starting one, until a friend of mine told me I should. I do love makeup, and now that I think about it, there are a lot of brands that people don't talk about. One of those reasons is because it's not readily available, or they're just expensive, or maybe there's just not much "talk" about the line. By Terry is one of those lines that fits all three categories. You can consider me Anti-Chanel because their products aren't that great, and for the price, there are better items out there. I mean if you like Chanel, that's cool, but I feel like everyone and their mother blogs about it. I hope I can bring to light some awesome makeup brands that I feel everyone should at least give a try. Just because it's not well known, it doesn't mean that it sucks. 

If you have any other questions that you would like to ask me, please feel free to ask. :)

4 comments:

  1. you know, I have really fallen out of love with Chanel as well. I still love their glossimers, but I find everything else to be mediocre at best. Well, at least what I have tried because I havent tried absolutely everything from their line by any means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I've given you a blog award! You can see it on my blog here: http://hebrideanspritebeauty.blogspot.com
    (Keep up the great job!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you keep it real, P. Your post inspired me to come clean on my semi-hidden identity :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I refuse to give a good review on something in which some aspect the product isn't that great. :)

    thanks for listening...well in this case reading my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete