Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I'm back :) Dolce and Gabbana Passion Duo Gloss Fusion Lipstick Swatches +

Happy late holidays everyone! Lots of things happened in my life: busy working, a new pet, being home for the holidays...lots of traveling and no time for myself. 

I know there were a lot of people wondering about what I think of Dolce and Gabbana, which is the main reason why I came back for this post. 

Just be prepared...main reason is that Dustin now works for the line, which means I can actually swatch all the things, which is a 180 degree from previous experiences. As in, I will really get the time to play and see what I like from the line, rather than rushed swatches, or just seeing the limited line from Sephora. 

One of the few items I've gotten to really use over the holiday season are the Passion Duo Gloss Fusion Lipstick formula. Info from the Saks website: 

A collision of rich cream color and satin gloss in a thrilling encounter of impeccable contrast, in a way that no one else has done before. Resplendent with contrasting texture, it offers a layer of rich, creamy lip color elevated by a playful burst of gloss. Luxuriant cream bullet and smooth gloss prove the ultimate partners in crime; a collision of two powerful forces in an explosion of vibrancy and excellence. 

Packaging: gold, slim packaging. Very luxe in appearance, but the major downside to them is that they do scratch easily. Basically the same issue I have with By Terry lipstick packaging. 

Formula: The formula is something special. It has the slip of a gloss, the hydration of a balm, the opacity and creamy aspect of a lipstick. The closest formula I can think of are the Chantecaille lipchics, but they have a less balmy and waxy feel in comparison. Plus the opacity is significantly less in a lip chic. Plus the Gloss Fusions have longer lasting power. I'm really liking them, a LOT. The center of the lipstick tube it's like a lip balm kind of core. It has some shimmer too, but depending on the lipstick color, the shimmer is more apparent than other shades. It's not a chunky glitter, but a soft shimmer. 

The downside is that I wish they had more flattering shades for me. They have a decent selection of colors, but very few I find flattering on myself. 

As for lasting power: about 4 hours where I start to see some fading. That's okay, they're so easy (fool proof) to re-apply because of the glossy formula.

Price and Size: $34 for 3.0 grams, or 0.10 oz

ingredients and the such: 


 



L to R: Delight, Impact, Rose

L to R: Delight, Impact, Rose

L to R: Delight, Impact, Rose

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, I look forward to hearing more about the line. It's one I've never been drawn to but maybe learning more about it will change that.

    Does Dustin still work for LMdB or is he completely dedicated to D&G now????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He left Le Métier back at the end of December. He solely works for D&G. :)

      Delete
  2. Whoa D&G lipstick always tempt me but I have not tried it on myself! I love Rose, it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose has a pearl like finish too, definitely worth seeing.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. One of my friends. He used to be the counter manager for Le Métier de Beaute at Bergdorf Goodman. Now he's the counter manager for Dolce and Gabbana.

      What that means for me: I can actually swatch the products, because before the associates wouldn't let me touch the products.

      Delete
    2. So cool! Swatch the products, or get them much cheaper ;-)) Please could you swatch their blushes??

      Delete
  4. Yay! Good to see you back again! :)

    And these lipsticks look LOVELY! I am so happy D&G is available at Sephora now. I was browsing to my heart's content yesterday and have picked a few items I would like to try! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm...interesting shades. I find them so pretty that makes me wanna have them all and try them one by one. Gotta have one of this maybe the rose one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own Delight and love it! It is pretty for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impact made my jaw drop! Rose & Delight look perfect for Spring!

    ReplyDelete