Thursday, April 21, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Sea of Tranquility and Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer #7


I've gotten requests as to how Rouge Bunny Rouge Sea of Tranquility compares to Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer #7. They're both very nice highlighters, but there are some differences. For the sake of this review and to make typing easier Sea of Tranquility will be (ST) and #7 will just be #7. 

Packaging: Rouge Bunny Rouge illuminator comes in this gorgeous frosted glass packaging with black flowers on the glass. Definitely pretty and luxurious. The advantage of this is that you can see how much is left in the bottle. #7 is in the standard Armani Fluid Sheer opaque packaging. Minimalist in appearance and slightly shorter in height. With #7 is when you lift the lid, the pump doesn't come off. At times ST when you lift the lid, the pump can come off and if you're not careful, you can spill some of the illuminator. The downside to #7 is that you can't see how much you have left. Ok, so both overall have their small flaw, but the design of the bottle and packaging are pretty solid. 

Formula and Finish: ST layered on it has a nice pearlized finish on your face. Sheered out, the frost is less apparent, and it has a soft sheen. It has a soft smell, like a fresh garden after it rains. I'm not good with smell descriptions. It's a neutral pink with a very slight peach to it. #7 when layered is a cooler pink, and has a milky finish. When sheered out it's a super soft cool milky pink. It's an awesome highlighter, and not as opaque as ST. I can't detect a smell with #7, but it could be just my nose acting up. Fluid sheers have the claim that it's oil free, which is an advantage for us combo to oily skintypes. The Rouge Bunny Rouge illuminators didn't come with a list of ingredients so I don't know if it has oil or not. 



Size and price: #7 is 30mL for $59. ST is 30 mL for approx $70 (the reason for this approximation is the conversion from GBP to USD).

Keep in mind I layered it on so you can see the color/finish difference, applied both with fingers.


Left to Right:


Rouge Bunny Rouge Sea of Tranquility
Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer #7






natural lighting. man, my arm looks so WHITE. 










Indoor lighting, with flash; slightly overexposed lighting.















Indoor lighting, I fixed the ISO so it's not overexposed.

















Fluid Sheer #7 ingredients, as listed on the box. Rouge Bunny Rouge illuminators didn't come with an ingredient list, well at least mine didn't. 











Are these worth buying: Yes! They're both different, very nice highlighters with different finishes. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, because that's not the case. :)

9 comments:

  1. Ah phooey, GA #7 looks soo darn pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not as pretty as you <3 rawrrr :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These both remind me of Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Rose Quartz. I've heard that this is the star RBR product...how do you choose ST or #7? Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca's highlighters have 0 lasting power. At first, it looks nice, 5 minutes layer it fades to an ugly microsparkle, then after 10 minutes it vanishes to nothing on my arm. Keep in mind my arm makes stuff last longer than on my face.

    I'm not impressed with Becca's illuminator. These 2 blows hers out of the water...like by a bazillion miles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the question: which one do I like more? Me personally, #7. the milky finish and the pink sheen wins me over more than a pearlized finish, but it's my personal opinion. It's ultimately what you prefer on yourself (pearlized finish versus a milky cooler pink finish).

    ReplyDelete
  6. So that's why I've never been exited about the Becca ones! I have two, and I never reach for them. Trying to decide between RBR ST and Sea of Clouds...
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I own sea of clouds, but that review will happen at a later date :). I can snap a quick comparison shot and email it to you if you want to make a purchase relatively soon. I'm on my way out the door so drop me an email: the.panties@gmail.com. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

    -p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of those are total lust worthy objects! I'm sold on RBR though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right! I think I do prefer the look of the Armani Fluid Sheer. Less metallic. Hmmmmm decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete