Thursday, September 16, 2010

NARS Pure Matte lipsticks in Terre de Feu and Tonkin

So today I went into the city to take a peek at Saks Fifth Avenue. I hadn't been there in a long time, so I figured that I should go.

I see a display with NARS lipsticks as soon as I enter the store

So I take a peek at the counter and saw these most GORGEOUS shades.

On the left side from top to bottom:

Terre de Feu

On the right hand side (top to bottom)

So the MA there showed me the colors and it was instant love. I've always been a NARS girl when it comes to matte red lipsticks. I purchased Terre de Feu and Tonkin. Swatches are below:

Top to bottom:
Terre de Feu
Albatross lipgloss (Sephora exclusive).

I'm NC25/30 for reference

They are VERY matte, so if you do have dry lips, wear a sheer layer of balm underneath so it's not drying. I tried these without balm, and they are a bit dry, but I've worn drier lipsticks, so it's not that bad. There is no smell with either shade, which is a definite plus. I don't mind a smell, but I'm sure there are people out there who do. I didn't get to swatch the other shades, but these two were my favorite out of the bunch. I want to get Vesuvio, but at a later date. :)

As for Albatross lipgloss, Shawn Snell who was at Sephora today at an event suggested it to me. He applied it over Terre de Feu and WOW. Talk about SERIOUS dimension. I couldn't help but stare at how my lips looked. Definitely a must have lipgloss if you want to add dimension, or to sheer out a lip color. These lipsticks will be released in other stores on October 1st. :)

OH and I got a "Paper Tiger" mini cream eyeshadow as my GWP today:

From L to R: Terre de Feu, Tonkin, Albatross lipgloss.


  1. Wow! Those are really pretty. I can't deal with matte l/s though.

  2. i dont mind mattes as long as i have balm underneath. :) thank you for responding, as i'm working on other stuff right my GA plum lipstick swatches :)