Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dior Addict lip polish fresh expert (#002) +

This blog's original intent is to blog about more niche brands, but I must talk about Dior's lip polish. I know, I know Dior is a more accessible brand, but this stuff is so awesome :) Dior is one of those brands that I do acknowledge that they have some nice items and what not, but I've never purchased anything from them. Why? the stuff is nice, but not enough for me to go "I MUST have this". Well, now I do. :)

Size and packaging: .18 fl oz, 5.5 mL. The packaging is pretty awesome in of itself: the doe foot is actually kind of cool. Why you ask? because it rotates !!! My inner geek comes out when I see makeup that has a cool contraption aspect to it. So when you take out the wand from the tube, you put the side of the applicator to your lips and as you move your hand (wand) across your lips, the applicator physically rotates 360 degrees.  So what does this mean? you don't have to (at least for me) re-dip your applicator in the tube. 

Texture and longevity:  In terms of viscosity, it's similar to Le Metier de Beaute's sweet creme. It's soft, moisturizing. It's unscented and no gross white gunk on your lips after a while. It does have some nice lasting power. It lasts on me for 3-4 hours with a lot of talking and one beverage. I don't expect much lasting power when it comes to lip gloss because of it's formula. Either way, it does last a bit. 

Price: $30

From left to right:

Giorgio Armani lip shimmer #9
Dior lip polish in Fresh Expert (#002)
Le Metier de Beaute sweet creme lip creme
















From left to right:

Giorgio Armani lip shimmer #9
Dior lip polish in Fresh Expert (#002)
Le Metier de Beaute sweet creme lip creme

excuse my poor application. I just had a massage done and my left side of my body is still recovering. 







Are they worth buying?: Yes ! I am a bit sad that they only come in three shades. Fresh expert is definitely my favorite out of the three. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment