Monday, July 2, 2012

Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Bronzing Veil in Tropical Nights

Keeping it with the summer trend...today I get to present to you Kevyn Aucoin Tropical Nights Bronzing Veil. As most of you probably associate Kevyn with the Sensual Skin Enhancer, or perhaps his Candlelight highlighter or Sculpting Powder, which are probably his best selling products. One of my personal favorites of his line is his powder bronzer. 

I personally prefer the look of liquid bronzers given the heat and overall effect, but of course makeup junkies like us like to have all the options. 

Packaging: Nothing special to say, signature red and black plastic packaging, it's pretty sturdy and it has a sturdier latch than Edward Bess' original Daydream bronzer. It comes with a nice mirror too. Pretty straightfoward, it doesn't come with a brush or applicator (for those who were wondering). Not that I really care, but just something to mention since his highlighter and sculpting powder does come with an applicator.

Texture and Formula: It's a nice powder formula, finely milled, but it's not a creamy type of powder (for those who were wondering). It's definitely not powdery and it just glides on your skin with a soft sheen. This soft sheen is a definite win for me, and the color isn't orange at all. If anything the color when swatched is more of a reddish brown in undertone, but it just looks so much better when applied. The effect is more of a natural bronze look. 

If you were in the store and just went by the swatch alone, you would probably think "oh it's too weird in undertone as a bronzer". Trust me, when applied, it's so much nicer and it gives a real sunkissed look. It has a small sparkle (silver and gold), but it's not as sparkly as Armanis powder bronzer. I've tried Armanis bronzer and it's definitely luminous, but I felt like it was a smidge too dark for what I was looking for. Even with a light hand it looked nice, but for one reason or another I never purchased it. I'm glad I didn't, since this one is what I've been looking for. The sheen effect is not from the sparkle, although it helps with the overall luminosity. 

Price and Size: $45 for 9 grams or 0.32 oz

Ingredients:



L to R: KA sculpting powder, Tropical Nights, LMdB Romeo & Juliet duet, EB Daydream (original)
tropical nights by itself


L to R: KA sculpting powder, Tropical Nights, EB Daydream, LMdB Romeo & Juliet duet (with strong flash)

L to R: KA sculpting powder, Tropical Nights, EB Daydream, LMdB Romeo & Juliet duet (natural lighting)



1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful. I know what you mean about it seeming like the total wrong undertone for a bronzer. I was sent a free mineral blush that looks somewhat similar to Tropical Nights, it's an odd pink-bronze-mauve-gold tone that somehow gives a glowy sunkissed look on my cheeks. Very unusual but pretty!

    Anyways, I love that you featured a more unique bronzer. I hope we see more new releases from Kevyn's line soon.

    ReplyDelete