Sunday, December 12, 2010

Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge +

Hi All!

I seriously apologize for not blogging in the past few months. I've been sent to and from different places due to work, as well as being sick. Anyway, I really had no idea how much work it takes to have and maintain a blog. My work schedule is taking a drastic change too, but it's to your benefit since I'll have more time to blog.

OK, so back to the original intent of this post: Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge.

straight from the Bergdorf Goodman website:

Offering sheer, lightweight coverage, Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Complexe provides a sheer wash of flawless, luminous finish. The formula feels like second skin with a gossamer-like texture. Light-diffusing pigments help fade away lines and instantly impart a renewed radiance and healthy appearance to skin. With SPF 20, Peau Vierge helps guard against the damaging effects of the sun.


• Contains anti-aging powerhouse Retinol, known for its ability to smooth and plump wrinkles from deep below the skin's surface, stimulating collagen cell rejuvenation and bringing elasticity back to skin. 
• Retinol is delivered through a patented and proprietary delivery technology called Syntoc Actif, which encapsulates the Retinol and allows it to safely and effectively penetrate the skin. 
• Traditional over-the-counter products have very poor penetration—less than 2% of active ingredients are actually absorbed. In comparison, with Syntoc Actif, 20 times more Retinoic Acid is absorbed into the deeper skin layers, making it the most effective cosmetic Retinoid treatment on the market. 
• Talc, Fragrance, and Dye-Free.

The Syntoc Actif delivery technology is highly compatible with the skin and easy to metabolize. As a result, it delivers actives more efficiently and effectively, allowing the active ingredients to penetrate deepest layer of the skin where all the action is and deliver Retinol where it is most effective. 


Formula: it's liquid, it's definitely a little shimmery, but the liquid in terms of consistency is very moisturizing, oddly enough. when it's first applied, it's VERY sparkly on your face. I had tried it a few times at the counter at first and I was turned off by the shimmer factor. Then again, this is coming from someone who thinks anything with shimmer is the enemy. I tried it on, and after 10 minutes, the shimmer wasn't as shimmery once settled into the skin. It's definitely a luminous finish, which is something I'm not personally used to.

Another aspect to this tinted moisturizer/treatment is that there are only two shades. Light to Medium (for cool skintones), and Medium to Dark, which is what I have. The medium to dark looks DARK, like MAC NC37 dark. The foundation is self adjusting to your skin. I'm NC25/30 and the color straight from the bottle I told myself "I'll look dirty", but when applied, it actually did adjust itself to my skintone.






This is what it looks like against my NC25 part of my skin. See what I mean when I saw this and thought to myself, "this isn't going to be a good look on me" ha ha. The color is just a smidge darker in person.








Towards the left see how it's shimmery? Thats the foundation semi blended in in order to see how shimmery it is. Just one more swipe with my finger it would be the exact same shade as the inner part of my arm, which is pretty pale.












The price: It's $125. Yes it's expensive, and even I had a hard time justifying the purchase. What made me realize the price isn't "so high" is By Terry has a foundation that's $140 and it doesn't have any skincare benefits.

How it looks:
 

I was wearing the foundation when I wore Tom Fords Smoke Red. My chin is very red and blotchy normally, but this stuff totally covered it. I normally wear medium coverage foundation because the redness on my face is so hard to cover. 

How to apply: I use 1 to 2 pumps to cover my face and my neck, plus dabbing a little extra on the super red areas on my face. I use my fingers, but I would like to use a synthetic foundation brush because it seems like I wouldn't use up as much product. 

SPF factor: for all of you out there asking what's used in terms of SPF, it's 5% Titanium Dioxide, 5% Zinc Oxide.

In terms of what it claims in terms of improving your skin within 7 days: I did have two small pimples forming when I had first purchased it, and using this stuff, they disappeared. My pores shrank a bit, my skin wasn't as blotchy. I don't expect miracles when wearing it, but this stuff did make some difference in my skin. Due to being sick and traveling (and not having it with me) my skin sucks as usual, but I have been wearing it again consistently for the past week and my skin is slowly improving. I'll have to give you an update after 3 months or so with consistent use as to how my skin looks/feels. 

Worth the purchase: yes. I've tried Retin-A and it wrecked my skin and it didn't improve it at all. I love this stuff because it gives you SPF as well. It's nice to know that I'm wearing  a foundation actually has great skincare benefits and improving my skin. I would recommend getting a sample before purchasing it, only because of the $. 

3 comments:

  1. was wondering if you're still using this and if you still like it? Any miraculous changes/really bad effects? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i use this almost everyday. in terms of changes, i no longer break out on my neck (i used to have these nasty breakouts right underneath my jaw). in terms of acne on my face, it's now down to a pimple or 2 during my time of the month and those pimples disappear quickly now.

    as far as texture of my skin, not much has changed there, but i don't expect it to because my skin personally takes forever for acne scarring to heal. even with retin-a that i used to use for my skin to get rid of scarring, it didn't do anything.

    in terms of wrinkles: i never had any, so I can't speak to a difference in my skin in that department.

    in terms of if it's worth it: i think so.

    i'll keep continuing to use it to see if there are any long-term skin changes. i really do like the foundation because it's luminous, but i don't look like a sweaty person (like Bobbi Brown luminous, Makeup Forever HD).

    i hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and to answer the rest of your question:

    1. in terms of texture, my skin doesn't really experience bumps or unevenness (like pimples forming underneath my skin).

    2. any reactions or bad effects: none that i've experienced. i haven't heard of anyone's skin "purging" before it got better either. i do know of someone who stated that she had a bad reaction when testing a sample. i personally thought i would since i had a bad reaction to retin-a, but i didn't react to the foundation. i do know a few people who own this foundation and haven't experienced any odd/bad reaction.

    i would recommend testing a sample before putting it on your face. if you're unable to get a sample, i know nordstrom sells le metier de beaute online and if you react to it, i know they have a really good return policy.

    i hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete