Sunday, February 9, 2014

By Terry Cellularose Brightening CC Lumi-Serum in Rose Elixir:

Sorry for the late review…I've been in the middle of finding a new residence, I've been caught up with personal affairs…

So finally after wearing the CC Lumi-Serum and I've been asked questions in terms of what it is. I can only speak for Rose Elixir and it's definitely not a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream. I've been wearing this under foundation to see how it looks and performs. It does not increase the longevity of my foundation, which to me personally is not a big deal because the few foundations I own last a long time by itself. 

Rose Elixir definitely has a pink cast with visible pink shimmer.  It's a very thin lotion in terms of feel and has the signature rose scent that all By Terry items have. When I applied it all over my face, it just looks like a sheer pink sheen with small glitter on my face. It doesn't look like anything interesting when worn by itself, but when wearing a light tinted moisturizer or foundation over it, the skin just looks plush, almost more plump in of itself. Given this winter, it's definitely made a difference in making my skin not look so parched or dry. Due to the color correcting properties, it helps diffuse some of my skin imperfections (some hyper pigmentation thanks to an allergic reaction to Dior BB cream -- people, don't buy this stuff, it's horrid). 

What I've learned from Terry's base products is on the skin it may not look interesting, but when photographed you will definitely see how your skin just glows. I mean glow like your skin came fresh out of a spa, that skin that you wish you had all the time. 

The biggest question I had (given my skin type) is how it looks when layered with a non-matte foundation, like her Eclat Opulent foundation. Eclat Opulent is about as luminous as I will go when it comes to a foundation and was worried that it would look odd with the CC lumi serum. Believe it or not, my skin looks pretty awesome with both items paired together. 

Most important piece is the price and size: $89 for 1 fl oz. 

I'll be experimenting with the other shades in the upcoming days. 




By Terry CC Lumi Serum on the left (not completely dried), Chanel Le Blanc on the right.  
Chanel Le Blanc in Rosee on the left, By Terry CC Lumi-Serum on the right (heavy flash taken at 9pm -- both formulas are set/dried down)

See the difference in the gorgeous effect that the Terry CC Lumi-Serum gives? *sigh* 


EDIT: I found the box and here are the ingredients:


10 comments:

  1. Very interesting to learn what you came up with regarding the CELLULAROSE Brightening CC Lumi-Serum in Rose (2) especially the fact you mentioned that the glow is more evident upon photographs. I often wonder about all that "glow" promise in By Terry products and will use it under the TERRIBLY DENSILISS foundation (I'm no.6 Light Amber) at an upcoming wedding when photos will be taken. (Due to its price tag, wondering what the second best glow type foundation is in your opinion) Noticed too that once you powder over these products they lose their slight glow (sometimes it is necessary in Summer) Still looking for a product that can prolong the stay power of foundation with the Cellularose underneath without taking their glow effect away, apparently not really the case with the By Terry HYALURONIC Hydra-Primer Colorless Hydra-Filler matte finish and HYALURONIC Hydra-Powder …what do you think? I prefer a thinner layer of these new style foundations anyway, than any BB cream or tinted moisturizer (even in Summer). Looking forward to your review on the other shades and I must say that because of your reviews I have become more and more interested in By Terry because who can refuse the promise of a nice "glow" and healthy looking skin! Lou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all comes down to the type of powder so the effect doesn't go away. I use suqqu loose powder. Densiliss lasts on the skin for a very long time. You could use a setting spray like the UD or the such.

      Delete
    2. As for Terry: I use her powder when I am going out to be photographed and it doesn't lose the effect either. As for her primer I dont use it as much anymore because it pills sometimes on random spots on my face. I like the RBR mattifying one.

      Delete
    3. Suqqu brand and UD not available unfortunately for me and I don't know what the RBR is either. I guess I prefer her powder than the primer that pills on me too. I just checked on her french web-site, and her CELLULOSE CC products that come in different colors is also recommended to use together to create a contouring effect. I have a round face and I generally prefer the glow effect around eyes and on high cheekbone area. I am surprised with this recommendation though but have no idea what the other colors do on the skin anyway. I must say it is the latest trend in skin products and seeing a lot of these color veil products around now. Thanks so much. Lou

      Delete
    4. I saw all shades and the darkest shade didn't seem to have a visible shimmer when I swatched it. It seemed more of a bronzing color moreso than a contour, though. I'll have to report back since I'll be seeing the National trainer / artist for Terry soon and maybe he can explain the product better. :)

      Delete
    5. oh and for RBR=rouge bunny rouge. They have a website: www.rougebunnyrouge.com and they do ship internationally (but the shipping cost is high if you only buy like a couple of products). I recommend their eyeshadows, blushes, and mattifying primer.

      Delete
  2. So it seems to be a radiance primer? Like you said, with this endless, horrific winter, it may be necessary!

    Shani x
    She Dreams in Perfect French

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...interesting and impressive. This seems like a great product to try out based on your review. I like the shade and how it blends well with the skin. I will def check on this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you have a different Le Blanc De Chanel to me, I wonder what the difference is? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so nice! How would you compare it's effect to that of GA FS #7? They both seem to be have a gorgeous opalescent pink sheen.

    ReplyDelete