Monday, March 7, 2011

Chantecaille Charm Brilliant Gloss

I've been searching high and low for this lip item...it's sold out at many places (I didn't check online, yours truly is all about the instant gratification). I finally managed to snag the last one at a SpaceNK I normally don't go to. I'm a loyal customer to my sales associates, but I really was hunting this one down and my normal counter didn't have it. 

Yes, it's the gloss that Angelina Jolie wore for the movie Salt. So maybe I am a sucker for pretty lip things, and I do love AJs makeup, so I wanted to see if this item is really worth having since she wore it. 

Color and Packaging: a neutral pale pink with micro silver shimmer.  For someone with pigmented lips like myself, it's almost borderline chalk-like if I apply a lot of it on. This is literally the palest I can do, anything more pale would be chalk. It's nice to know how light I can go. The packaging is clear tube with a silver lid and brush applicator.

Size and price: It's a really TALL lipgloss in terms of height. Slightly taller than an Armani lip shimmer. The amount you get is 3 mL. Armani you get 6 mL. Le Metier de Beaute you get 6.5 mL. I don't understand how that's possible seeing how tall it is and the tube isn't narrow, either. So let's get more specific: Chantecaille's brilliant glosses are 1 oz (it's physical weight), versus Armani 0.2 fluid ounces (volume) and Le Metier de Beaute is 0.22 fluid ounces. The price is $28.

Formula and longevity: Formula is very soft and moisturizing. I like the formula in the sense that it doesn't cling onto your hair, or it doesn't leave a funny residue on the lip. I will state that the color does turn much lighter pretty quickly.  This is the case for a lot of glosses due to the nature of the formula, but Chantecailles brilliant glosses really turn clear on your lips really fast. I was a bit surprised for the price you pay for this item, that the color doesn't stay true to form for very long. It could be just my lips, but I'm just putting it out there. Longevity, it doesn't last as long as my other glosses. I am a bit surprised in that sense as well.

Onto the comparison pictures :D (don't laugh at me because I don't own many lighter colors)

From left to right:

Le Metier de Beaute Sweet creme lip creme

Chantecaille Charm

Le Metier de Beaute Vanilla Rose












From left to right:

Le Metier de Beaute Sweet creme lip creme

Chantecaille Charm

Le Metier de Beaute Vanilla Rose










Is it worth buying: I think it's a pretty color overall and a nice texture, but I don't deem this item being a wow standout from the line because it does turn clear pretty fast. I think it's nice to have one shade you really like, but that's about it.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I need to break down and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a pretty color, but it really doesn't last long. the color is worth it to me, but if it was some other shade, i would have returned it.

    ReplyDelete